This tip will help you to add the newly launched Facebook button to your WordPress Blog. This will work only to self hosted WordPress blogs as you need to install the plugin for this. This Facebook send button is going to be another popular add-on for bloggers as this will enable the readers to send the link of an interesting post to their friends. This sharing is a private sharing. The send button will help you to share the post with certain and selected people only.
Steps to Add the Facebook Send Button
- Login to your Self hosted WordPress Blog and you will be inside the dashboard.
- From the left side plugin section click on the “Add New” link. This will take you to the plugin installation section.
- Type “Facebook Send for WordPress” in the search box and click on the “Search Plugins” button. You can find the plugin “Facebook Send for WordPress” made by “Pigi”.
- Install that plugin and then click on the “Activate” link to enable the plugin.
- Now you can find the “FB Send” link on the top right corner and click on that. This will take you to the Settings page of this plugin.
- Inside the “Settings Page” you need to put the Facebook App ID. To get an App ID click on the link “Facebook App ID“.
- Put the App name (Anything you wish, may be your blog name).Click on the “Agree” radio button and click on “Create App” blue button.
- The next page will ask to verify the captcha. Do that.
- You have created the App. Now click on the “Back to My Apps” link on the top left corner.You can see all the apps created by you and click on the app you have made recently. You can see the App details in the middle section. Copy the App ID and return to the settings page of the plugin.
- Put the copied App ID in the desired box and your Facebook username in the user ID box. Chose the language and color of the button and click on “Save Changes“.
- Done. You have successfully added the Facebook send button to your blog and the posts. You can see the buttons in action.